Working with PRISM

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Hi

I'm trying out your solution using it fora project with Prism & MEF

I'm currently having this problem, as you know, with prism, you create the shell, which is the main xap file, the thing is, if I send as init param several other xaps, the source is switched to each of them based on when they are downloaded, which of course causes a lot of problems, since they're satellite assemblies and depend on services initiated by the shell and the boostrapper.

I guess I can fix it to switch to the shell once all defined aseemblies are loaded, but wanted to know if there's a better solution or approach you have for this

Thanx!

SG+

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hi VorpalWolf,

In general, independent of Prism or any other platform when the loader finishes downloading its source list, it switches control to the downloaded XAP of your choice. You need to make sure all the new XAP’s dependencies are available when it takes control. You can do that by grouping dependent components together and downloading all of them in one source list. Once a group finished downloading you can start using any components that are available to that group. You can also daisy chain your loaders meaning each group loader can invoke a new group loader once its done etc.

Good luck!