Loader and cached .xap (isolated storage) ?

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM
great utility, thank you for your efforts.

I have a problem when I try to get the xap packages retrieved from the isolated storage.

Replacing the xap will not work then:
System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Plugin.SetProperty("source", xapIsoSource);

If someone know how to handle that, would be interesting.
Somehow the Application.Current had to be reset on the Client, probably not possible though.

My workaround was to have a Grid in the RootVisual, at the end I change the Child-Control
in there. This is good enough, though some limitations occur

Regards Christoph
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Hi Christoph,

I'm glad you find it useful.

I'm planning on adding support for isolated storage caching but I didn't get the time to work on it lately.

Right now, If you would like to use the isolated storage you will need to save the data in the isolated storage when the download is complete.You can use the eventArgs.Result data member which is the data stream of the resource downloaded. It is returned on the downloadCompleteCallback event.

There are some other things that you might find useful but I didn't finish working on them.
If you look at the latest version of the code in the demo project you will find new classes/functions that might help you:

AssemblyUtil for manipulating assemblies -> createAssemblyFromStream, createObjectFromAssembly etc.

PageManager for loading and manipulating user controls on the main canvas/grid -> setActivePage etc.

Good luck,

-JB

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.